Beginning Racquet Stringer Q & A - the universal flying clamp

Q:  What is a flying clamp?

A:  The term flying clamp also goes along with the term 'floating clamp' which is used to describe the stringing machine clamp that actually holds onto two strings simultaniously and appears to be 'floating' because it does not connect witht he turntable base or glide bars on the stringing machine. Many of the entry level stringing machines especially the drop-weight machines will not have clamps that secure at a base or glide and are permanent and therefore you would need a flying clamp to secure your strings after each pull.  The way that this works is the clamp attaches itself to the last two strings and it keeps them secure and therefore tensioned.

You can purchase Prince Universal Flying Clamp  at DO it TENNIS

Prince Universal Flying Clamp

Post a Comment